Checkitout | jeckitout

THE BLAH WITH SUBSTANCE.

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

IELTS OOPS.

It has been almost a month and a half since I have been attending my International English Language System Test (IELTS) class from Wednesdays to Fridays. Much has been learned from the discussion of the four areas of this exam namely: Listening, Reading, Speaking and Writing. Honestly speaking, I am not that religious in attending the classes for the fact that I find it too structured and boring. Sadly, there is no other way around it.

From the four areas, much of my interest is focused on speaking. Cocky as it may sound, I believe that speaking is my forte. I may not score as high as 8s and 9s for this area but I am definitely that confident when it comes to talking..or shall I say speaking. (haha) It is an advantage that I read a lot of materials from newspapers to K-Zone magazines because when it comes to speaking where the topic is literally anything under the sun, I can discuss further on whatever is asked to me. But I do have a habit of fabricating the information that I know so as to appear more knowledgeable about the topic. (hihi). Aside from speaking, Listening has become a favorite too. Undeniably, this area is also hard since the characters talk with an accent and I do have some hearing problems every now and then. Moreover, I find it hard to concentrate when my thoughts feel like they need a vacation, and so, I miss a few items now and then. The funniest incident happen just last week when we had our trending. The characters were talking about computers and we were tasked to fill in the blanks as we listened to their conversation. As I have said, they have an accent. So when I heard the man say something about the computer being "WIRELESS", I wrote on my sheet of paper, "WALLACE". I paused for a while and kept thinking about WALLACE being linked to computers because as far as I know "WALLACE" is a NAME. hahaha. So I kept repeating the word and finally figured out that the correct answer was WIRELESS. Luckily, I was able to realize that before passing my paper. It took me sometime to regain my composure for I was laughing hard at myself and I didn't bother to tell my friend. hahaha. There are also some incidents wherein I didn't get what the character said so I end up making up answers. Silly me. As far as reading and writing are concerned, I do not dwell much on it. It is the worst areas amongst the four. Reading tires me. Writing screws my intertwined brain. 
Am I making the IELTS Review/Exam sound bad? I APOLOGIZE. It's just that I am not emotionally and mentally ready to take the exam but I HAVE TO. 

It is not really that bad, just a bit boring. I have to commend though, the efforts of the reviewers and the conducive set up that the review center has set for the examinees. I didn't regret choosing this particular review center.

Everything that I learned during the review will be favorably applied as I take the exam on MAR. 20. I still do have 1 week of dry run to attend to. And I just remembered, I have a homework on writing due on Friday. Hihi.

WISH ME LUCK! ;)

-jessica-




2 comments:

  1. hello classmate. absent ako today. hahaha. :) thank you! :) dry run na next week. hehe.

    ReplyDelete