The 2010 Philippine Elections has ended. People are now anxiously waiting for the official declaration of results. Though unofficial results have been spreading like wildfire through the news and worldwide web of leading politicians in their respective positions, nothing is OFFICIAL unless the COMELEC or whatever government organization proclaims the WINNERS. At this moment, I would not be talking about the possible winners, who I rooted for, and those that I did not vote. I will be giving honor to the people behind the elections, and these are THE VOTERS.
I am proud to say that I have participated in our country's first ever automated polls. It may not have gone smoothly as everyone expected but just minor glitches here and there. Some places have declared 'failure of elections' but in majority, it turned out pretty well. THANK YOU LORD!
This blog is dedicated to the UNSPOKEN HEROES of our country.
- The voters who braved the scorching heat of the sun just to queue and claim their priority numbers.
- Those who complained about how long the waiting time is but still waited outside their precincts.
- The people who embraced the new system of voting and participated in OUR COUNTRY'S FIRST EVER AUTOMATED POLLS.
- People who chose their candidates simply because they believed in HIM/HER and what HE/SHE stood up for. No strings attached.
- The ones who are responsible enough to practice their RIGHT TO VOTE.
- The ones who believed that their ONE VOTE could help make a difference.
I AM PROUD OF EVERYONE WHO WENT OUT TO VOTE.
According to the news, there were only around 15% of the registered voters who did not participate in the elections. How I wished it was 0% but still, 85% is not a bad figure at all.
TO THE REGISTERED VOTERS who extended their efforts to do all those things mentioned above, THANK YOU.
Now, whoever wins the elections, LET US ALL SUPPORT HIM/HER. He/she may not be your favorable candidate, but the majority have spoken.
Let us be united to welcome a BETTER COUNTRY. A BETTER PHILIPPINES.
GOD BLESS PILIPINAS.